Monday, September 14, 2020

Explore More: Cedar Lakes Woods and Gardens



Located just outside of Gainesville, Florida in a little town called Williston, is a charming botanical garden with waterfalls, lush foliage, and lots of blooms! Since the pandemic began, I've started to value nature and spending more time outdoors, so seeking out parks and gardens has become commonplace for me. This one was a little bit of a journey to get to, and I'm thankful my friend Jen is also always game for some outdoor exploring!



Cedar Lakes Woods and Gardens has a mom-and-pop feel to it -- in the best way possible! There are cute little figurines hidden among the rocks and trees for explorers to find, the owner lives on site and allows people to cross his back porch as they are walking through the gardens, and there is even an adorable little "kids zone" with a miniature bridge and small toys set up to look like a prehistoric jungle or a fairy town.



If you've been following me on By Love Designs' social media accounts or even my personal ones, you know that I love flowers, and am constantly (maybe even annoyingly?) taking pictures of them, and I definitely got my fill during my visit here! I look forward to revisiting during a different time of year to see how the gardens look during other seasons!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment